Powered by Blogger.

Welcome to the Blogosphere, Yago Colás!

Thursday, May 6, 2010

Sheesh, I feel a little naive. It turns out that there are many, many people trying to do with their blogs what I am trying to do with this one. I had no idea that there is such a dense and varied province of the blogosphere devoted to literary culture. This morning I randomly visited one such site Changing Lives Through Literature, and discovered a list of other reading and literature blogs. A quick hop through this little thicket of links took me to two different top ten literary blog lists (here and here)! I haven't looked at any of these closely yet, but I feel at once abashed and inspired simply by their (in some cases longstanding) existence. I'm eager to explore them to see what they're about, to identify affinities and differences, and, if necessary, to steal ideas. In all, I'm encouraged that there does indeed seem to be a thriving culture of reading, thinking, and writing shared by people mostly (as far as I can tell) working outside the conventions and venues of the American academy. (Now, does anybody read this stuff?)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template The Beach by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP